news - aim - releases - reviews - plans - links - distributors - ordering - contact
°^° taâlem radio °^°
just in time, here are the three latest releases, as usual available right now as physical 3"cd-r's (5 euros each + postage) and digital FLAC files (3.50 euros each):
- (ad)VANCE(d) "unseen intelligence" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 88); multi-layered sound travelogue by mars f. wellink, once half of vance orchestra.
- yann novak "hollow.river" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 89); minimal yet dense dronescape by this talented american multimedia artist.
- hokuro "rôh mén rir néhââyâh "une âme sans fin"" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 90); wonderful soundscape full of processed found sounds by a trio featuring michael northam, sachiyo honda and sabri meddeb.
we also have an ongoing 50% sale on all available Kokeshidisk releases. please check the dedicated bandcamp page where you can stream them all and place your order!
we've just finally added a little player featuring samples from each and every taâlem release so far. check the releases page.
after some unexpected delays, the latest taâlem releases are finally available!!! diversity is once again present. please welcome:
- IA "peak of anchorite" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 85); a (almost) total newcomer who could remind you the best rapoon tracks...
- pleq + hiroki sasajima "witch-hunt" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 86); wonderful collaborative track between the polish busy bee and the japanese field recordist: expect drones, field recordings and a few glitches.
- artificial memory trace "chitin" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 87); brilliant electroacoustic track by the czech master slavek kwi based upon insect recordings.
these three releases are right now available as 3"cd-r and FLAC files. check each release page for more details.
one (bad) news though: 3"cd-r are now 5 euros each. retail price hadn't been changed since april 2004 so we hope you'll be comprehensive!
a bit later than planned, here are finally the latest taâlem releases:
- murmer "specular reflection (liquid solid redux 2000-2010) (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 82); a recreation of an exquisite old drone track.
- david velez "alku" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 83); a soundtrack to an exhibition, mixing field recordings and more musical elements (drones, sines).
- strom noir "famadihana" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 84); quite minimal guitar drones from slovakia!
as usual, these three releases are right now available as 3"cd-r and FLAC files. check the releases page for full details.
mp3 samples on each release page should be back soon (most of them are offline right now, i just need some time to reupload everything to bandcamp!).
many thanks to everyone who's ordered it, "jizokuonbox (kyoto)" is now sold out!!!
individual discs are of couse still available.
available for a few days, here are once again four new releases and a special fifth one!
- nobuto suda "twilight garden" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 78); exquisite melodic ambient.
- hitoshires "stella" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 79); debut release from a newcomer in the ambient/drone genre.
- hakobune "believed remains" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 80); great drone track by this well-known musician.
- ieva "la cascade de la montagne de l'aube [ ??? ??]" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 81); beautiful ambient mixed with field recordings.
these four releases are available right now as 3"cd-r and FLAC. check the releases page for full details.
fifth new release is the long-awaited "jizokuonbox (kyoto)" (almbox 2). limited to just 33 copies, it gathers the four discs mentioned above plus TWO exclusive bonus discs: an unreleased 20min collaborative track by hakobune, ieva and nobuto suda on the first one, four unreleased solo tracks by each artist on the second one.
act fast if you want to grab a copy!
a new playlist, the 22nd one, is available for a few weeks. once again dedicated to an exquisite uk (net)label: RURAL COLOURS. check the part 1 at taâlem radio.
on a side note, taâlem headquarters are closed till august 10th. please be patient if you place a physical order! (digital orders are fully automated).
some reviews of the latest releases have just been added, courtesy of vital weekly and uk distributor norman records. see the individual release pages to read the reviews.
june releases are right on time. and they are four, even five! on taâlem we have:
- a wake a week "through line" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 74); desolated soundscapes and nostalgic piano melodies from dave dando-moore (detritus).
- david tagg "return of the light" (3"cd-r, alm 75); immersing drones simply made from guitar and effects.
- simon whetham "velvet" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 76); delicate and subtle processed field recordings.
- fabio orsi "light was the day" (3"cd-r/FLAC, alm 77); emotional drones and field recordings.
please check the releases page for full details (artwork, press-release, mp3 samples).
the fifth new release will be on the finally re-activated Kokeshidisk sublabel. it will be ready in a few days (a small problem with the cover printing...)
- saito koji "early works" (cd-r, kodi 13); compiled by saito koji himself from three long sold-out releases.
please check the Kokeshidisk website for full details (artwork, press-release, mp3 samples).
textura has just published reviews of the three latest releases. please check the individual release pages to read them: bad sector "raw data", d'incise "arpenter" and final cut "ballade de bruits".
after an almost one-year break, taâlem radio is back! enjoy the 21st playlist featuring extracts from the excellent Audio Gourmet Netlabel.
vital weekly has just reviewed the latest releases. please see the bad sector "raw data", d'incise "arpenter" and final cut "ballade de bruits" pages to read the reviews.
latest releases are finally ready! as promised, they are:
- bad sector "raw data" (3"cd-r/FLAC on taâlem, alm 71); conceptual release featuring 11 cold & noisy short tracks from the italian master.
- d'incise "arpenter" (3"cd-r/FLAC on taâlem, alm 72); field recordings and drones from this swiss artist.
- final cut "ballade de bruits" (3"cd-r/FLAC on taâlem, alm 73); captivating processed field recordings from belgium.
please check the releases page for full details (artwork, press-release, mp3 sample).
next releases will soon be ready; they will be BAD SECTOR, D'INCISE and FINAL CUT.
meanwhile, good news for the digital freaks: most of the taâlem back catalogue is now available as FLAC files. see the new digital ordering page.
and again some more reviews, courtesy of the french magazine obsküre (so yes, they are in french language!). please see encomiast "malpais' (alm 68), ragle gumm "2nd" (alm 69) and mark bradley "the gloaming" (alm 70).
more reviews, courtesy of textura. again, see encomiast "malpais' (alm 68), ragle gumm "2nd" (alm 69) and mark bradley "the gloaming" (alm 70).
first batch of reviews of the latest releases, courtesy of vital weekly and norman records, has just been added to each release page. see encomiast "malpais' (alm 68), ragle gumm "2nd" (alm 69) and mark bradley "the gloaming" (alm 70).
latest releases are finally ready. as we always try to do it, these three releases show how diverse ambient music can be:
- encomiast "malpais" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 68); multi-layered ambient/drone from the dark side,
- ragle gumm "2nd" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 69); mysterious newcomer from the industrial world,
- mark bradley "the gloaming" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 70); soft and hypnotic synthetic soundscape.
as usual, these three releases are also available as downloadable FLAC files. please check the releases page for full details (artwork, press-release, mp3 sample).
finally, we're back in business! mail-order is now up and running.
three new releases will see the light of day before the end of next week. they are ENCOMIAST, RAGLE GUMM and MARK BRADLEY. more details very soon!
mail-order is closed during our moving. things should get back to normal end of september/early october. please be patient if you place an order, we'll have a limited internet access!
mail-order is closed until august, 6th. please be patient if you place an order!
july releases are delayed to mid-august at best.
french post has just raised and changed their rates... so we've updated ours, unfortunately!
a 20th playlist has just been added featuring music from mathias delplanque, tanner menard, relmic statute and many others. please check the taâlem radio page.
we've just added a little audio player on the releases page gathering audio extracts from all the taâlem releases. 67 samples for 6h30 of music!!!
three new taâlem releases are just out since last sunday. they are:
- mirko uhlig "the strings that heal the orchestra" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 65),
- nigel samways "illumine" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 66),
- james mcdougall "between no ground and the bay leaf tree" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 67).
these three releases are also available as downloadable FLAC files. please check the releases page for full details (artwork, press-release, mp3 sample).
a new playlist (the 19th) is also online. as usual, a one hour-long program that you can stream and/or download, with extracts from recent free netreleases in the ambient/experimental/field recordings/drone/etc world. please check the taâlem radio page.
an 18th playlist is online. 60min full of drone/experimental/field recordings/dark ambient/whatever soundscapes taken from various free netreleases with slightly mixed together: dallas simpson, five elements music, brian grainger, the beautiful schizophonic and many more. as usual, check the taâlem radio page.
reviews for the voice of eye, christopher mcfall & asher and celer releases have just been published in the french magazine d-side. they've been added to each release page.
a new playlist, the 17th, is right now available: a streamable/downloadable 57min programme featuring extracts from various free netreleases by aidan baker, daivd tagg, materia aurora, pure & hati and many more. please check the taâlem radio page. past programmes are still available for download on the archive page.
the first reviews for the latest 3"cd-r's are just out, thanks to vital weekly. from now on reviews will be added to each release page. past reviews will (slowly!) be added too.
available for one week, here are the three latest taâlem releases. after four japanese artists last october, we are very proud to propose you four american artists:
- voice of eye "primaera" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 62); does the american duo really need to be presented? active for twenty years and thankfully back in business in 2007, bonnie mcnairn and jim wilson have created especially for taâlem a rich, complex & atmospheric 18min-long track. truly beautiful!
- christopher mcfall & asher "an amber hollowed night" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 63); collaboration between these two artists from the ambient/field recordings/experimental scene. created from piano fragments and installation soundtrack from asher and field recordings from mcfall, their multi-layered piece is a monument of evocative music...
- celer "all at once is what eternity is" (3"cd-r on taâlem, alm 64); celer fastly gained a very strong reputation in the ambient world thanks to their delicate & refined music. here's a new fine example of celer exquisite soundscapes...
these three releases are right now available as FLAC files too. please check the releases page for more details.
the new releases (3"cd-r's by voice of eye, christopher mcfall & asher, celer) should hopefully be ready in a couple of days. in the meantime, a new playlist in the taâlem radio is available.
past news from 2001-2009 are here